Re: bind8.2.3 and installation problem

From: Kris Kennaway (kris@obsecurity.org)
Date: 01/30/01

Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 22:00:18 -0800
From: Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To: Mikhail Kruk <meshko@cs.brandeis.edu>

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 12:55:10AM -0500, Mikhail Kruk wrote:
> > In other words, when you compile software yourself you "void the
> > warranty" and take your life into your own hands :-)
>
> Oh, so there is a warranty after all? I knew /COPYRIGHT was a joke! ;)

Well, no, but it's still more of a warranty than you get doing it on
your own :-)

Kris

  • Re: DRYING PAINT with new forced air furnace???
    ... you'll void your warranty per the heating ... it seems stupid to me that it would void the warranty and I ... The heating contractor (whom we selected ourselves, ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Can someone explain in SIMPLE terms "overclocking"
    ... The computer warranty will also be void if it is OEM. ... > kind soul could direct me to the right group. ... > 200 Gb hdd, 80 Gb ext hdd. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Apple Lags Behind On DVD-R/RWs?
    ... But AFAIK if you open up a Mini or iMac, take out the DVD drive and install a third party Blue-Ray drive, you'll void your warranty. ... A manufacturer can clearly state that any additions or even opening the case can void a warranty. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Apple Lags Behind On DVD-R/RWs?
    ... But AFAIK if you open up a Mini or iMac, take out the DVD drive and install a third party Blue-Ray drive, you'll void your warranty. ... That act does not mean that Apple or any company can void a warranty. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)