Re: openssh banner

From: Kris Kennaway (kris@FreeBSD.ORG)
Date: 01/25/01

Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:07:20 -0800
From: Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
To: Brian <bri@sonicboom.org>

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 08:54:30AM -0800, Brian wrote:

> I am curious how to get rid of the banner ssh presents if you telnet to
> port 22, currently ssh release info is given, this is bad..

It needs to do this so that the peer knows which version of the
protocol to speak to it.

This isn't really a problem, IMO.

Kris

--
NOTE: To fetch an updated copy of my GPG key which has not expired,
finger kris@FreeBSD.org

  • Re: openssh banner
    ... > I am curious how to get rid of the banner ssh presents if you telnet to ... > port 22, currently ssh release info is given, this is bad.. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • openssh banner
    ... I am curious how to get rid of the banner ssh presents if you telnet to ... port 22, currently ssh release info is given, this is bad.. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • stat=Deferred: Connection refused by [127.0.0.1]
    ... I can telnet 127.0.0.1 to port 25 on the box: ... Sendmail runs as root: ... Any ideas on getting rid of the errors? ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)