RE: Failover firewalls with ipfw?

From: Jon (cykyc@yahoo.com)
Date: 01/20/01

Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 17:35:11 -0800 (PST)
From: Jon <cykyc@yahoo.com>
To: security@freebsd.org

It would have sure been nice of the NSA, Secure
Computing, and others to help out on the TrustedBSD
structure when they whipped up Secure Linux
(http://www.nsa.gov/selinux). It's especially funny
since Secure Computing is based on BSDi. Oh, well...

At least that would be a more secure firewall, but
since the original post was about failover, I'm not
helping...

--- Jason DiCioccio <Jason.DiCioccio@Epylon.com>
wrote:

> Better than PIX? That's not a tough claim
> considering PIX has more
> holes in it than the Titanic :-)
>
> Just thought I'd throw my PIX gripe in there.
>
> - -JD-
>

> - -------
> Jason DiCioccio
> Evil Genius
> Unix BOFH

  • Re: Time to wake up [was Re: Does anybody know what time it is?
    ... electronic, voting systems, since we need that paper trail. ... What more do you want to know about secure computing? ... This technology should become more widely used as the ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Need comparison of netscreen and cyberguard
    ... Its true that Secure Computing has agreed to take over CyberGuard, do you expect the new company to stop supporting your firewalls? ... The Department's computer systems may be monitored and communications carried on them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Security Flaw
    ... in computing about how much more secure and safe linux is etc, ... across a situation where the root password had been forgotten and it ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: The METHOD of creating RSA key
    ... secure" if it cannot be broken even with unbounded computational resources. ... A system is "computationally secure" if the antagonist’s effort to break it is infeasible given the current state of computers. ... preimage resistance and second preimage resistance could all be broken by an opponent with sufficient computing power. ... Public key systems, such as RSA, ECC and DSA, are all at best computationally secure. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Sidewinder G2
    ... My $.02 worth with a disclaimer: I previously worked for Secure ... Sidewinder is trusted in some of the most intensely secure places ... Computing against the Sidewinder have proven it hasn't been ... > For a machine that doesn't have any services, the Cisco PIX ...
    (Full-Disclosure)