Re: full PAM support for login, rshd, and su

From: James Wyatt (jwyatt@rwsystems.net)
Date: 01/18/01

Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:25:48 -0600 (CST)
From: James Wyatt <jwyatt@rwsystems.net>
To: Chris Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Chris Faulhaber wrote:

> > > There is one :-)
> >
> > Yes, technically there is one in /usr/src/crypto. But it's so vague that I had
> > read it at least twice, and still didn't realize the implications of what it says.
> > And there isn't one in /usr/src/contrib (in -stable after my cvsup yesterday).
>
> Actually, the proper way might be to expand the descriptions
> in hier(7)

Could you at least add a note to the appropriate READMSs pointing to it?

I know if you are building things on FreeBSD, you should read heir(7), but
most clueful folks I know start with READMEs wherever they work and might
miss heir(7). This gives them a pointer to the real trove and avoids
hurting folks with good habits.

Or am I just rationalizing my own previous mistakes? (^_^) - Jy@

  • Re: full PAM support for login, rshd, and su
    ... But it's so vague that I had ... read it at least twice, and still didn't realize the implications of what it says. ... The Makefiles in these directories are not used by FreeBSD. ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: full PAM support for login, rshd, and su
    ... > read it at least twice, and still didn't realize the implications of what it says. ... the proper way might be to expand the descriptions ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)