Re: full PAM support for login, rshd, and su

From: Kris Kennaway (kris@FreeBSD.ORG)
Date: 01/18/01

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:44:47 -0800
From: Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
To: Bill Fumerola <billf@mu.org>

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 04:07:39PM -0600, Bill Fumerola wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 04:47:35PM -0500, David J. MacKenzie wrote:
>
> > I think if you're going to ship PAM, you should actually use it.
> > The OpenSSH shipped with FreeBSD (as of 4.2-STABLE) is also missing
> > the USE_PAM support that's in the portable OpenSSH release. I highly
> > recommend importing that code into your source tree. I'm going to
> > have to do so in my tree.
>
> The openssh people have made life difficult for those trying to do work
> in this area by instantly forking all their code.
>
> Maybe thats just in their nature, though...

PAM support has been merged into OpenSSH in -current and recently
(last week or so) merged into -stable.

Kris

  • Announce: OpenSSH 4.4 released
    ... OpenSSH 4.4 has just been released. ... implementation and includes sftp client and server support. ... code or patches, reported bugs, tested snapshots and purchased ... #1173 - scp reports lost connection for very large files. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Kerberos, external-keyx authentication, Mac OS X
    ... OpenSSH has been configured with the following options: ... PAM support: no ... debug1: Connecting to server.gov port 22. ... If you use Kerberos in the ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • OpenSSH 4.0 released
    ... OpenSSH 4.0 has just been released. ... implementation and includes sftp client and server support. ... AllowGroups and DenyGroups (Bugzilla #909) ...
    (SSH)
  • OpenSSH 4.1 released
    ... OpenSSH 4.1 has just been released. ... implementation and includes sftp client and server support. ... to abort the connection (bugzilla #896) ...
    (SSH)
  • RE: SSHD with Secured authentication, using RSA PAM client
    ... using RSA PAM client ... I have deployed Openssh aling with SecurID, Id recommend you to get openssh ... UNIX/Jboss Administrator- IT Convergence Support Services ... of sshd included with Solaris 9, 1.0.1, and we cannot get it to work. ...
    (Focus-SUN)