Re: [fw-wiz] Securing email by inhibiting urls

Chris,

Have you all tried barracuda spam firewall?

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 1, 2011, at 2:46 PM, "Chris" <chughes@xxxxxxx> wrote:

A company I work for has been having great difficulty in securing against email attacks. So far we have disabled access to webmail, implemented rules and processes to block freemail services like hotmail etc until the sender registers the address and of course a spam filter (BrightMail). Attachment filtering is pretty strict as well.

The threat that presents the biggest challenge is url links in emails. The common method of attack is an email from somedomain.com where they change one character or otherwise make the address look valid (ie: joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or j0e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx etc).

I was looking for a way to spot and block hyperlinks but it looks like the only option I have is to filter on these and send them to a spam bin. I’d rather yank the offending hyperlink and replace it with a message of some sort. Unfortunately BrightMail doesn’t offer that capability.

Any products that do this or ideas on a solution?

Thanks