Re: [fw-wiz] Securing email by inhibiting urls

mimedefang comes to mind.

http://mimedefang.org

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 11:46, Chris <chughes@xxxxxxx> wrote:
A company I work for has been having great difficulty in securing against
email attacks.  So far we have disabled access to webmail, implemented
rules and processes to block freemail services like hotmail etc until the
sender registers the address and of course a spam filter (BrightMail).
Attachment filtering is pretty strict as well.

The threat that presents the biggest challenge is url links in emails.  The
common method of attack is an email from somedomain.com where they change
one character or otherwise make the address look valid (ie:
joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or j0e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx etc).

I was looking for a way to spot and block hyperlinks but it looks like the
only option I have is to filter on these and send them to a spam bin.  I’d
rather yank the offending hyperlink and replace it with a message of some
sort.  Unfortunately BrightMail doesn’t offer that capability.

Any products that do this or ideas on a solution?

Thanks

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Securing email by inhibiting urls
    ... outbound requests to attack URL's. ... sender registers the address and of course a spam filter. ... I was looking for a way to spot and block hyperlinks but it looks like the ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Securing email by inhibiting urls
    ... email attacks. ... rules and processes to block freemail services like hotmail etc until the ... sender registers the address and of course a spam filter. ... I was looking for a way to spot and block hyperlinks but it looks like the ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Securing email by inhibiting urls
    ... email attacks. ... sender registers the address and of course a spam filter. ... I was looking for a way to spot and block hyperlinks but it looks like the ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)