[fw-wiz] Securing email by inhibiting urls
- From: "Chris" <chughes@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 14:46:45 -0400
A company I work for has been having great difficulty in securing against
email attacks. So far we have disabled access to webmail, implemented
rules and processes to block freemail services like hotmail etc until the
sender registers the address and of course a spam filter (BrightMail).
Attachment filtering is pretty strict as well.
The threat that presents the biggest challenge is url links in emails. The
common method of attack is an email from somedomain.com where they change
one character or otherwise make the address look valid (ie:
joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or j0e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx etc).
I was looking for a way to spot and block hyperlinks but it looks like the
only option I have is to filter on these and send them to a spam bin. I'd
rather yank the offending hyperlink and replace it with a message of some
sort. Unfortunately BrightMail doesn't offer that capability.
Any products that do this or ideas on a solution?
firewall-wizards mailing list
- Prev by Date: Re: [fw-wiz] obscure email address formats
- Next by Date: Re: [fw-wiz] Securing email by inhibiting urls
- Previous by thread: Re: [fw-wiz] obscure email address formats
- Next by thread: Re: [fw-wiz] Securing email by inhibiting urls