Re: [fw-wiz] is the ASA a true hardware solution?

the pix/asa firewalls have been stanard PC chips/motherboards for many years. the only place you see ASICs is on the very high end devices, and there it's on the network interfaces.

however, as far as management is concerned, this is a 'hardware' firewall, not a software firewall because it is not running a commodity OS, the fact that it's still running an OS, just a priorietary one slipps past them)