Re: [fw-wiz] Proxies, opensource and the general market: what's wrong with us?

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 06:21:35PM -0700, david@xxxxxxx wrote:
the fact that you need to direct me to use a CVS snapshot because all the
tarballs are too old is a realy good indicator of the problem.

Just check out HEAD. Or, even better, I will upload new snapshot today.

I looked at openfwtk when it was first announced, and at that time it
wasn't ready to replace all the parts of fwtk that I use, so I didn't move
to it. i've checked back once in a while, but without seeing new releases
it hasn't seemed like there was anything new to test.

I would suggest moving to git or similar DVCS so that you can create a
fork for developing each new feature and then as each one gets done, merge
it in to the main trunk rather than having to either keep development out
of the main repository, or have each snapshot get a fairly random state of
functionality between all the development.

CVS branches are ok as well..

  • Re: Looking for advice on rsync
    ... >> die off, start the snapshot going, then let them all in again. ... app actually does. ... I understand it perfectly well - I don't know what is in YOUR head. ... The purpose of the mirror is to provide the ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: basic ada question
    ... >>> find my latest snapshot and a place to upload them. ... >> There is allways SourceForge or Tigris. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • errors building 9-STABLE on recent HEAD
    ... I recently upgraded my main buildbox from an ancient 9.0-STABLE snapshot ... to head and I've run into an issue building 9-STABLE on it. ... seeing a strange error in yacc generated code. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: buildworld fails on recent stable
    ... I have also looked at merging the snapshot of 3.2 we now have in head to ... stable/9, but it is also quite some work, so I found a better solution: ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Proxies, opensource and the general market: whats wrong with us?
    ... the fact that you need to direct me to use a CVS snapshot because all the tarballs are too old is a realy good indicator of the problem. ... I would suggest moving to git or similar DVCS so that you can create a fork for developing each new feature and then as each one gets done, merge it in to the main trunk rather than having to either keep development out of the main repository, or have each snapshot get a fairly random state of functionality between all the development. ... need to do releases, even if they are small ones, showing progress and ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)