Re: [fw-wiz] IPv6

Paul D. Robertson wrote:
Is anyone doing anything interesting with v6 and firewalls? We're
supposedly coming up on the year that v6 will break out, and most
organizations I know still don't even route it.

We're not allowing IPv6 through any firewalls (that I know of) until gear
that'll do NAT66, NAT64, and NAT46 becomes available.

Roger Marquis

  • Re: [fw-wiz] IPv6
    ... Paul D. Robertson wrote: ... supposedly coming up on the year that v6 will break out, and most organizations I know still don't even route it. ... I'm trying to push ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] smtp proxy on firewall
    ... At 01:11 PM 11/27/2004, Paul D. Robertson wrote: ... Yes, that is correct, the patch resolves a few of the known bugs, some ... >> have fixed the Gauntlet source, not fwtk, so I don't know if they were ever ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] SCADA (or: How I learned to love receiving FWW in digest form)
    ... Is that *REALLY* who you want drafting computer security regulations? ... Paul D. Robertson "My statements in this message are personal opinions ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Longest Ever Diversion
    ... Paul wrote: ... London-Brighton service that took that route (up service reversing at ... siding' may have been one of the two CLC lines (Stockport - Glazebrook ... That is a shorter route to Crewe than via Warrington, ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: Swaffham to Grantham
    ... However, if you want to stay on smaller roads and can get a decent map there are numerous ways to mimic this route, but using such roads as Old Fen Dyke, Joys Bank, Jeklls Bank, Moulton Chapel road etc One feature I sort of dislike of the area is that because of the nature of the fenland you often have to ride two edges of a square instead of the straightest route to get somewhere, inded you quite often have to come back some ways before again heading in the right direction, and avoiding doing that can take some planning. ... Personally I find the flat incredibly boring for cycling and the choice of the A road or the long detours Paul refers to, both round two sides of a square but also to the limited places to cross the rivers and dykes can get quite frustrating. ... Add in an East Anglian Hill, aka a headwind, and it can get quite demoralising slogging for mile after mile across the flatlands and the cafes/pubs to stop, rest and snack are few and far between. ... "I did make a mistake once - I thought I'd made a mistake but I hadn't" Anon ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)