Re: [fw-wiz] HL7 Security

I remember there was something like "HL7 firewall", but i had no chance to get it hands-on.

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 09:48:47AM -0400, Darden, Patrick S. wrote:

I can't find much in the way of security for HL7 (health information interchange via tcp/ip streaming). Seems like vendors are relying on VPNs over the internet and then exposing themselves in the DMZ and/or soft pink underbelly of private networks.

Does anyone know of anything like the following:

1. secure HL7 projects--e.g. for developing standards or practices for secure end-to-end HL7 communications.
2. HL7 over SSH or SSL, applications/vendors that do this, or projects devoted to developing standards.
3. a firewall with Deep Packet Inspection, protocol inspection/verification, or any other HL7 specific security.
4. an application layer proxy for HL7