Re: [fw-wiz] covert timing channel data

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 07:05:10PM +0300, Melissa Stockman wrote:
I'm doing research on covert timing channel detection [...]
Does anyone know where I can find such data?

This is my timing side-channel link collection:
http://www.subspacefield.org/security/security_concepts/index.html#tth_sEc31.2.4

I should probably break that section up into remote & local, but I'm
already 3 levels deep :-)

I'd definitely check out "remote timing attacks are practical", I think
that one has the most information for your case.

You might want to check out Bernstein's AES attacks, or a statistician,
to characterise the distributions you're looking at.

I asked on NANOG a few months ago, but didn't get any good network
latency information.

BTW, "least amount of time" isn't a good measure. It turns out that's too
unstable... 1st to 5th percentile measurements are much more stable.
--
A Weapon of Mass Construction
If you are a spammer, please email john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to get blacklisted.

  • Re: message bouncing between two servers
    ... The remote users access emails straight into their outlooks ... from our company domain web host. ... I am interested to know why contacts can not have external emails addresses ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: How Can I use ssh in my perl code
    ... machine to connect to a listening stunnel on the remote machine. ... Accepts traffic listening on localhost port 23, ... attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Re: SBS 2003 and Remote Offices
    ... Will it sync emails or move them to the client? ... Yes, sure, if you want some remote management ... sites to have access to the main site storing the SBS2003 Server? ... they can use Outlook with RPC/HTTPS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: received messages delayed for hours days
    ... Once this has happened the remote mail server will ... try and deliver your message to the destination email server. ... If you're getting a delay message back, there aren't any settings you can ... attachments you're sending are too big, and have filled the person's remote ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Can or does PINE synch email locally?
    ... remote account and run pine. ... and I'd like to copy the emails onto the machine so I know I ... offline use in Mozilla Thunderbird or Ximian Evolution and switch between ...
    (comp.mail.pine)