Re: [fw-wiz] Hidden ISP firewall/filtering

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 09:54, Jerrod Fuller <jfuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I recently purchased a Watchguard XTM2 to handle our firewall and VPN with
IPSec, but when attempting to connect via VPN with IPSec, it gives a message
of “VPN gateway not responding (waiting for MSG2)”  I have removed our
watchguard from the network and when I do a “shields up” scan it shows all
ports being closed.  Long story short . . . does anyone know if there is a
way to find out if our ISP actually has a firewall/filtering in place, or b)
have any other thoughts.

Layer 4 traceroute (http://pwhois.org/lft/) comes to mind, or nmap,
against a remote target controlled by you.

Kurt