Re: [fw-wiz] Gartner as usual..

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 7:10 PM, ArkanoiD <ark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.paloaltonetworks.com/literature/whitepapers/Gartner-Magic-Quadrant2010.pdf

..pure, organic, unblended BULLSHIT.

Not disagreeing, but wondering what your main complaint is.

I'll be honest, had you not posted the link, I never would've read
this paper. I think firewalls are a mature enough concept that a
Gartner or Forrester paper on them is irrelevant. It's about as
useful as a research paper on bread. I mean, honestly, who's shopping
for their first firewall?

PaulM

  • Re: [fw-wiz] How automate firewall tests
    ... for "patch your software constantly" is proof positive that packet-based ... firewalls don't work except for at a very gross level. ... mainly) don't want intelligent, educated and honest. ... "If fifty million people say a stupid thing, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] IPv6 support in firewalls
    ... back to the firewalls: ... with reusable credentials and you pretty-much kill the idea of document ... control at all, let alone keeping the honest people honest or a credential ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Managing transactional replication
    ... to be honest, unless you will do some investigating to narrow down the issue ... Please find out about firewalls between ... Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.replication)
  • Re: Innocent!
    ... most peculiar that disagreeing with your characterization for all the reasons offered - reasons offered, mind you - is dishonest, somehow. ... He disagrees, explains why, and not discarding those reasons is a lack of integrity, somehow. ... honest *and* intellectually capable, you would have seen that I am right and agreed that I am right. ... That trunk is wagging the whole pachyderm. ...
    (misc.writing)
  • False allegations at work
    ... honest I couldn't care less and I probably came across that way, ... A co-worker tipped me off with some unbelievable news after work, ... Apparently this was a complaint although she was quite vocal ... I guess the obvious thing to do is dismiss it. ...
    (uk.legal)