Re: [fw-wiz] Gartner as usual..

And what i hate most is that Gartner reports *are* being taken seriously,
causing "wag the dog effect" -- the "analysis" is worth nothing but its
market influence is *damaging*.

And what makes me wonder even more, even "sane" company spokespersons
do refer to Gartner, increasing our universe enthropy and contributing
to Gartner's reputation. For me it is just lack of responsibility.
Every time you make a non-critical reference to Garter, Jesus cries and
your karma falls below asolute zero.

About this given particular report, i found it most annoying that it is
simply ignored the McAfee/SC acquisition and impaired McAfee's
"comleteness of vision" or how do they call it. For sime obscure reason
Gartner *always* hated SC ;-) Seems that Gartner "analysts" either have no
clue about firewall technologies at all or just were bribed by Checkpoint
for years (who needs Checkpoint today? ;-)