Re: [fw-wiz] Duplicate Public IP Addresses?
- From: Dave Piscitello <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 09:55:38 -0400
Paul D. Robertson wrote:
I think there's been a fair amount of work on detecting bogus BGP routing information since I had to deal with peering routers- and there don't seem to be enough incidents to make everyone want to solve anything, like getting the IRR to a near complete status.
There's actually quite a bit of research focused on detecting bogus BGP routing, to deter DDOS attacks for example, see
Mitigating IP Spoofing by Validating BGP Routes Updates http://paper.ijcsns.org/07_book/200905/20090510.pdf
and for preventing BGP prefix hijacking see www.ece.purdue.edu/~ychu/publications/conext07_hjk.pdf
FWIW, I found several dozen articles (many from refereed journals) by simply searching "detecting bogus BGP routing" from Paul's message.
adr;dom:;;3 Myrtle Bank Lane;Hilton Head;SC;29926
firewall-wizards mailing list
- Prev by Date: Re: [fw-wiz] Firewall best practices
- Next by Date: Re: [fw-wiz] DNS Names for external services
- Previous by thread: [fw-wiz] Firewall review tool for Junipers
- Next by thread: [fw-wiz] EUSecWest Amsterdam 2010 Call For Papers (short deadline May 5 - conf June 16/17)