Re: [fw-wiz] Looking for firewall mgmt solution

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 07:13:16AM -0400, Morriss, Jason (NIH/CIT) [C] wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone can give me any suggestions. I'm looking for
a solution for my organization that will allow us to manage multiple
firewalls from multiple vendors using a single interface (preferably
web based).

I've asked a similar question in the past, although I was more focused
on a firewall request system. A number of multi-vendor products were
suggested. I won't mention recommendations and conclusions for
obvious reasons. Here they are:

Algosec:

http://www.algosec.com/en/products/fireflow_overview.php

Athena:

http://www.athenasecurity.net/athenafirepac.html

FWbuilder:

http://www.fwbuilder.org/

LogLogic:

http://www.loglogic.com/products/security-change-management/index.php

Tufin:

http://www.tufin.com/products_securechange_workflow.php

There are also some single-vendor products:

Checkpoint SmartWorkflow:

http://www.checkpoint.com/products/softwareblades/smartworkflow.html

Netscreen Manager:

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/software/network-management-software/nsm/