Re: [fw-wiz] DNS Names for external services

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 10:50:31AM -0500, Frank Knobbe wrote:

Likewise, if you don't run an FTP server (or CVS, or POP3, or...),
setup DNS records for those pointing to your honeypot. Use it to
respond in anyway you see fit for defense of your network (blocking
the IP, etc).

What happens when one of your legit users says "I wonder if we have an
FTP server?" and tries ftp.$YOURCOMPANY.com just to see if it answers?

- Morty

  • Re: [fw-wiz] DNS Names for external services
    ... respond in anyway you see fit for defense of your network (blocking ... I said "Use it to respond in anyway you see fit for defense of your ... Blocking was one example. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] DNS Names for external services
    ... setup DNS records for those pointing to your honeypot. ... respond in anyway you see fit for defense of your network (blocking ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Foreign Hackers Stole 24,000 Military Files, Pentagon Says
    ... Defense Secretary William J. Lynn disclosed Thursday. ... instance of hackers successfully penetrating the Pentagon’s cyber ... formal cyber strategy. ... network run by the U.S. Central Command. ...
    (sci.math)
  • Foreign Hackers Stole 24,000 Military Files, Pentagon Says
    ... Defense Secretary William J. Lynn disclosed Thursday. ... instance of hackers successfully penetrating the Pentagon’s cyber ... formal cyber strategy. ... network run by the U.S. Central Command. ...
    (it.comp.macintosh)
  • Re: a Garozzo preempt
    ... but in fact he's non-vul and 7 card suits are much more common ... offense that's irrelevant for defense; ... main reason you can make 4S is the degree clubs fit partner's hand. ... having kibitized Garozzo a number of times his preempts are ...
    (rec.games.bridge)