Re: [fw-wiz] DNS Names for external services
- From: Morty <morty+fw-wiz@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 09:02:04 -0400
On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 10:50:31AM -0500, Frank Knobbe wrote:
Likewise, if you don't run an FTP server (or CVS, or POP3, or...),
setup DNS records for those pointing to your honeypot. Use it to
respond in anyway you see fit for defense of your network (blocking
the IP, etc).
What happens when one of your legit users says "I wonder if we have an
FTP server?" and tries ftp.$YOURCOMPANY.com just to see if it answers?
firewall-wizards mailing list
- Prev by Date: Re: [fw-wiz] Firewall review tool for Junipers
- Next by Date: Re: [fw-wiz] Looking for firewall mgmt solution
- Previous by thread: Re: [fw-wiz] DNS Names for external services
- Next by thread: Re: [fw-wiz] DNS Names for external services