"What is "security through obscurity""

For a wider discussion see
"Secrecy, Security, and Obscurity"

On 13 April 2010 21:22, Jim Seymour <jseymour@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: "Behm, Jeff" <jbehm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:16:06 -0500
Subject: [fw-wiz] DNS Names for external services

Just curious, what is your opinions of the security vs. ease of use
trade-offs on putting DNS entries in (vs. making people know/use an
IP address) for services you expose to the Internet.

I believe there's nothing significant to be gained by such

filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is
web form at <>.
firewall-wizards mailing list

firewall-wizards mailing list