Re: [fw-wiz] Inline 2 port POE Firewall

What about the RouterBoard 433 series boards. Three NICs and POE, firewall on RouterOS is Linux 2.6 based, so iptables is there. If you want gigabit ethernet, the 600 series has that.

Regards,

Bruce

Quoting Kerry Milestone <km4@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

--
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE. _______________________________________________
firewall-wizards mailing list

  • Re: Feedback solicited - best way to harden a mail/web server?
    ... Was the system protected by a properly configured firewall? ... it's not a bad "starting point" and it can generate an IPtables rule ... > nor is there a web or ftp server; aside from that I haven't tried to secure ... Before I'll install some nifty application ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: EMERGENCY - need to secure my server against an ongoing SPAMMER
    ... computer with a broadband connection. ... that IP range will prevent that spammer from wasting your systems ... This approach eventually makes your firewall machine so busy it has ... A better approach is to use IPTables to deny ALL inbound attempts to ...
    (Fedora)
  • linux - iptable firewall DNS question
    ... When my firewall is active, i am unable to use name solving features from my ... iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT ... # $ipnet -> adresse ip de l'interface connectée à internet ... echo ACCES AU FIREWALL DEPUIS LOCAL ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: firestarter start failure?
    ... It writes to iptables firewall rules, and then is done, ... unless gui is open. ... Do I have to start Firestarter after I have rebooted? ... When Firestarter is installed from a package, the firewall ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Clearing up some security "jargon"
    ... The kernel supplies the iptables service, which is by default, ... There is no need to "turn on" a firewall. ... Consider the package "ufw", a tool that some people say can ... Consider Firestarter. ...
    (Ubuntu)