Re: [fw-wiz] Is it possible to control access between clients on same LAN with a firewall?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the constructive feedback.

I'll read into the proposed areas such as private vlans and the possible configurations of vlans within dd-wrt.

I now know what some of the terminology used is (private vlan etc) in order to hone in on the correct types of documentation to read.

kind regards,
Will.

PS: This reply may not get to you for some time, as I seem to need moderator approval to post to the list.

Pete.LeMay wrote:
To accomplish the isolation, you should take a look at features of the switch.

I found a few articles showing dd-wrt supports multiple vlans that would effectively isolate users on the wireless side. I didn't read anything more than the short description on google though. In the enterprise, I suggest you read up on private vlans.

You could also look at ipsec policies in windows to limit the machines that can talk to each machine.

Hope this points you in the right direction,

Pete