Re: [fw-wiz] OT, sorta: Breaking pipes?
- From: Kurt Buff <kurt.buff@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:27:05 -0800
On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 07:34, Chris Myers <clmmacunix@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do you use Perl at all with CGI scripts? If so, this is just an example of
what might be done with anything written with custom scripts. In this case,
it is a specific vendor, but it could happen to anyone who does not code
We don't use perl/cgi here, but the example is instructive.
This issue at hand is for web browsing by clients - the newish manager
believes that it's just too annoying to add exceptions for the
misbehaving web sites. Of course, it's not just the pipe character.
It's also the other unsafe/unwise characters, and the URLs that are
longer than 1024 characters, etc.
At some point we may be hosting a web site locally, but that hasn't happened.
This is really an education issue, so anything that I can add to the
ammunition pile is helpful.
firewall-wizards mailing list
- Prev by Date: [fw-wiz] Message Labs
- Next by Date: Re: [fw-wiz] secure firewall rule management program
- Previous by thread: Re: [fw-wiz] OT, sorta: Breaking pipes?
- Next by thread: Re: [fw-wiz] secure firewall rule management program