[fw-wiz] VOIP in the field today

I've been away from this topic for a while but am curious.

Has any progress has been made in deploying VOIP without having to use underlying security protocols (SSL/TLS or IPSEC) to secure the VOIP signaling and media streams?

Are any folks using network edge devices to secure VOIP, e.g., "VOIP-aware" firewall or secure voice proxies? Are you complementing these with MAC level encryption from endpoint-to-proxy/endpoint-to-edge? begin:vcard
fn:David Piscitello
n:Piscitello;David
adr;dom:;;3 Myrtle Bank Lane;Hilton Head;SC;29926
email;internet:dave@xxxxxxxxxxx
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://hhi.corecom.com/weblogindex.htm
version:2.1
end:vcard

  • RE: VoIP Assessment
    ... > quality of the calls under different network situations. ... > organizations may outsource this to a number of various VoIP hardware ... > 5) Validate that server-based IP PBXs are secure ... and is not solved by conducting a network security ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: VoIP Assessment
    ... quality of the calls under different network situations. ... organizations may outsource this to a number of various VoIP hardware ... Validate that server-based IP PBXs are secure ... and is not solved by conducting a network security ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: VoIP Assessment
    ... My point is that IP Telephony within an enterprise can be secure. ... The blanket statement that "VoIP is not secure" is extremely ... I would agree that there are some "security" consultants that may not be ... >>This includes things like the provisioning of the endpoints, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: VOIP via Wi-Fi security questions
    ... One possible solutions is to VPN into your company then run a "VOIP soft ... This solution is very secure since your VOIP data is being tunneled ... > anti-eavesdropping but also security of my laptop itself. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: VOIP via Wi-Fi security questions
    ... One possible solutions is to VPN into your company then run a "VOIP soft ... This solution is very secure since your VOIP data is being tunneled ... > anti-eavesdropping but also security of my laptop itself. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)