Re: [fw-wiz] Slow FTP transfers

On any ASA's I've dealt with I've seen this behavior when inspection of FTP was going on. Try shutting it off completely and see what happens. If it speeds up and works fine, you know where the problem lies.

sky wrote:
Hi,

I'm having an issue when ftp'ing (default port mode) large file (50megs)
to a remote server sitting behind FWSM. The transfer gets real slow and
at times just timeouts.

Now when I change ftp mode to passive the same file transfer works w/o
any issues. Why?

Have inspect ftp and mtu is set for 1500. I've checked for duplex
settings as well which is good.

Any thoughts will be great.

regards
sky

  • Re: Attitude of Plusnet reps on ADSL Guide
    ... downloading a suse dvd I got>1500k yesterday but I was doing an ftp at the ... But that's sky for you. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: File Transfer conundrum
    ... the files to XMIT format and then FTP that file down to a PC/workstation ... attached to the host network. ... Subject: File Transfer conundrum ... I'm the original poster, and yours is an intersting thought. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: File Transfer conundrum
    ... Try a suffix of '.BIN' on all files transferred as well as the 'BIN' FTP ... Subject: File Transfer conundrum ... I also have to deal with the issue that EITHER the EBCDIC code pages on ... some data corruption due to the translation. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: FTP or SMS?
    ... Subject: FTP or SMS? ... Below is the output of a file transfer of a file that is over 7 GB. ... The DASD Pool contains 8 volumes, allows files to span 2 volumes, had over ... 125 Storing data set ABC,XYZ065.FTPABC.DATA ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Secure FTP Server software vendors
    ... Tunnel regular FTP in an SSH connection. ... Use a Linux box as a file transfer gateway for z/OS. ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)