Re: [fw-wiz] Netgear FVS318 v1 Firmware 2.4 VPN to Cisco ASA

Jeremy--
Try with a simple configuration for phase 2, say 3DES and SHA-1, without
PFS. Then work your way up to AES-256

cjw

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Jeremy Sutton <jsutton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

I have a client using a FVS318 v1 firmware 2.4 router trying to connect to
a Cisco ASA. I am the administrator of the Netgear but the administrator of
the Cisco ASA can't get his end configured to communicate with the Netgear.
P1 establishes but P2 does not. Anyone have any suggestions I can pass
along to him. The FVS318 connects fine to another FVS318 but not to his
Cisco. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Jeremy Sutton
President
Tech Gooroos Technology Consulting, Inc.
p: 919-373-4414
c: 919-413-2463
f: 919-510-6254
<http://www.nextdaypc.com/main/default.aspx?&rsmainid=ND0113116>

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Netgear FVS318 v1 Firmware 2.4 VPN to Cisco ASA
    ... Last I worked on a Netgear FVS318 it wanted to use name based IDs for the ... and I have never been able to get named based vpns to work on a cisco ... I am the administrator of the Netgear but the administrator of ... the Cisco ASA can't get his end configured to communicate with the Netgear. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • [fw-wiz] Netgear FVS318 v1 Firmware 2.4 VPN to Cisco ASA
    ... I have a client using a FVS318 v1 firmware 2.4 router trying to connect to a Cisco ASA. ... I am the administrator of the Netgear but the administrator of the Cisco ASA can't get his end configured to communicate with the Netgear. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Netgear FVS318 v1 Firmware 2.4 VPN to Cisco ASA
    ... If the ASA side is using the ASDM it likes to turn on PFS, which is almost always overlooked, and will cause a P2 failure. ... v1 firmware 2.4 router trying to connect to a Cisco ASA. ... administrator of the Netgear but the administrator of the Cisco ASA can't get ... his end configured to communicate with the Netgear. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Cisco ASA 5510 and Apple iPhone
    ... iPhone with the new Apple IPSEC Client to a Cisco ASA 5510. ... Neither the ASDM configuration nor a CLI configuration works. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)