Re: [fw-wiz] State of security technology for the enterprise

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Chris Hughes wrote:

Point taken on chasing new technologies, however, with new methods of
controlling access and thwarting attacks I stand to gain advantage where I
am currently vulnerable.

You're assuming that "new technologies" will enhance your ability to
secure a particular vector. That's not always true, and new stuff often
increases the complexity of the defensive device, which can actually make
you more vulnerable rather than less.

Paul