Re: [fw-wiz] State of security technology for the enterprise

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Chris Hughes wrote:

Point taken on chasing new technologies, however, with new methods of
controlling access and thwarting attacks I stand to gain advantage where I
am currently vulnerable.

You're assuming that "new technologies" will enhance your ability to
secure a particular vector. That's not always true, and new stuff often
increases the complexity of the defensive device, which can actually make
you more vulnerable rather than less.

Paul D. Robertson "My statements in this message are personal opinions
paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx which may have no basis whatsoever in fact."
Moderator: Firewall-Wizards mailing list

firewall-wizards mailing list