Re: [fw-wiz] SCADA
- From: Chris Blask <wobblingmoon@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 15:18:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: R. DuFresne <dufresne@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Which again begs the question; why windows systems?
Because the vendors the facility owners have trusted for years have built it into their devices.
You get into these circular discussions with many folks involved in Control Systems/SCADA:
"It's not a computer, it's an HMI."
"Um, it has Windows on it. It has Solitaire installed. It has Notepad. I could run video games on it. It's a computer".
"No it isn't, it's an HMI. Besides, it works so don't flippin' touch it or I'll escort you off the property."
The folks who own IT networks have nothing on the average set of folks running SCADA networks. If you think you've been frustrated trying to secure an IT network you ain't seen nothing, yet.
firewall-wizards mailing list
- Prev by Date: [fw-wiz] Email Scams, Telemarketing, and Identity Theft
- Next by Date: Re: [fw-wiz] SCADA
- Previous by thread: Re: [fw-wiz] SCADA
- Next by thread: Re: [fw-wiz] SCADA