Re: [fw-wiz] SCADA (or: How I learned to love receiving FWW in digest form)

At 09:42 PM 18/04/2009, Brian Loe wrote:

That interconnectedness on the SCADA network (which should NOT be
transiting the Internet - only the power grid itself) is exactly how
AND why you don't connect the SCADA network to a non-SCADA network.
Yup,

<sarcasm>but it is so convenient when the operations guy can read emails whilst managing the system . Oh and management really likes to get those real-time pretty graphs...</sarcasm>

Its amazing, but somehow SCADA always ends up getting connected - or even worse - running over corporate networks... Currently working with a critical infrastructure provider - exactly that problem, and their corporate strategy is to integrate it all further :(

  • Re: [fw-wiz] SCADA
    ... updates to SCADA side machines utterly worthless. ... SCADA network is firewalled from the business network; ... that when convenience is allowed to trump security, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] SCADA
    ... a workstation on the SCADA network with a removable drive and with all ... installing a floppy drive he brought from home. ... network is required to feed a data logger. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] SCADA
    ... A SCADA network should not even connect to your corporate ... We have a data logger system ... firewalls between the corporate network and the control network. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: System admin tools
    ... and you mention managing "firewalls", which is network administration. ... Device Manager) and SWAN. ... On the systems administration side, there's a lot of variety available ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: System admin tools
    ... > Device Manager) and SWAN. ... > network administration tool I use is Fluke's OptiVision (nee' Network ... > managing Exchange servers, ... > for Windows) is a valuable systems administration tool. ...
    (comp.security.misc)