Re: [fw-wiz] Is a full collapse possible? (was: Who stay focused?)
- From: Jean-Denis Gorin <jdgorin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:22:37 +0200
R. DuFresne, April 14 2009 9:31 PM
I'm not sure it requires a security threat to being down vast
areas of the Internet, and for vast periods of time. If either
coast was hit with a tsunami, or huge quake, or even a large
storm like that which devastated New Orleans, the affects of
which will be technically devastating as well.
And also some Cyber warfare people: the more effective way to
maximize damage to a network is to attack the physical
infrastructure. A logical attack is not enought and the spread
might me too difficult to control and contain...
Main question is, if the Internet is devastated, to a point it
can be 'rebuilt' would the mistakes of the past be redone in
I fear that the answer will be a "Yes".
Because if this happen, the urgency will be to rebuild in the
quickest way, not in the more secure way.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't
go away." Philipp K. Dick"
firewall-wizards mailing list
- Prev by Date: Re: [fw-wiz] Who stay focused? (was: [Fwd: Question])
- Next by Date: [fw-wiz] Is a full collapse possible? (was: Who stay focused?)
- Previous by thread: Re: [fw-wiz] Who stay focused?
- Next by thread: [fw-wiz] Is a full collapse possible? (was: Who stay focused?)