Re: [fw-wiz] SCADA

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 09:06:09 -0700
Anton Chuvakin <anton@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We have a few SCADA and process control networks firewalled from
our corporate network which is connected to the Internet.
We have some owners of these networks that would like the firewalls
to be more open. ...
How do you answer this without just saying NO?

I refuse to believe this is not "Ranum-bait" :-)

See
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2009/04/report_china_russia_top_source.html?wprss=securityfix
on scanning for SCADA systems.

  • Re: Thoughts on MS Microsoft AntiSpyware beta
    ... Should I use both Internet Connection Firewall and a software firewall ... from a different company on my Windows XP computer? ... Running multiple software firewalls is unnecessary for typical home ...
  • Re: Network Connections x 2 PCs
    ... >>> protect it from access by hackers on the Internet. ... >>getting the (LOGON failure: the user has not been granted the requested ... on both PCs we created User Accounts with passwords. ... >>disconnecting the Internet Modem, disabled all our Firewalls, but still ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Security concern with ping?
    ... > I have my linux box properly running squid and Jay's Firewall. ... After running a few internet ... Why may it be important to allow the internet to ping my ... To make the situation worse personal firewalls decide ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: I just scanned months worth of posts, but still wonder about this basic question...
    ... > I'd strongly recommend a hardware device such as a Netgear RP114. ... > Internet from each computer, whether or not any other is up and running. ... I tired many other firewalls but Kerio's one ... difference over the internet connection) you cat just plus the modem ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: service.exe
    ... Services.exe is a necessary file/process for Windows 2000/XP. ... run a virus scan on your computer with the very latest virus definitions. ... applications/process are listening or connected to the internet. ... Personal firewalls can also be configured not to bother you again ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)