[fw-wiz] SCADA

We have a few SCADA and process control networks firewalled from our corporate network which is connected to the Internet. Or policy has been to lock these down to a few specific IP addresses and secure ports and only to/from our corporate network. We have some owners of these networks that would like the firewalls to be more open. Their initial requests are to be able to manage these networks from the Internet (from home), to be able to retrieve Microsoft patches and virus signatures and to do MS file sharing to our corporate network. We currently have these services (patching and virus signatures) available on the corporate network but they believe it would be easier and simpler to retrieve them separately.

How do you answer this without just saying NO?

Thank you,

Dave