[fw-wiz] LinkSys RV042 to ASA 5505 IPsec tunnel

Hello--

I have a Linksys RV042 running the latest firmware and an ASA 5505
running 8.0(4). I have successfully established an IPsec LAN to LAN
tunnel by specifying actual local and remote networks.

Now, I would like to configure the tunnel so that all traffic from
the LinkSys "inside" network (192.168.25.0/24) is sent across the VPN
no matter what the destination address is. The idea here is to force
the branch office to send all traffic through the main office and
force that traffic out one content filter. (BTW, the ASA "inside"
network is 192.168.17.0/24).

To achieve this, I configured the Linksys as such:

Local Group:
Gateway type--IP only
IP address 75.2.2.2
Group type--Subnet IP
IP--192.168.25.0
Mask--255.255.255.0

Remote Group:
Gateway type--IP only
IP address 75.2.2.3
Group type--Subnet IP
IP--0.0.0.0
Mask--0.0.0.0

Of course, this does not work.

I enabled crypto debugs (ISAKMP and IPsec) on the ASA and saw
nothing. OK, so if the ASA is not seeing any crypto traffic, is it
seeing ANY traffic on the outside interface? I set up a capture on the
outside interface from any to any. I saw no crypto traffic, only the
ICMP echo requests that I was sending from inside the Linksys.

Any thoughts on this? If I could configure the Linksys to be a
hardware client, that would be just fine too.

cjw

  • Re: [fw-wiz] LinkSys RV042 to ASA 5505 IPsec tunnel
    ... Intra is traffic between two hosts on the same network (if the ASA is ... incorporate the remote network attempting to reach "everything": ... I have a Linksys RV042 running the latest firmware and an ASA 5505 ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: NAT needed reaching ASA 5505?
    ... Behind this Linksys router my Cisco ASA 5505 appears. ... as UDP port 500. ... an RV042 and my ISP provides routed subnet internet, so I got more then one ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: NAT needed reaching ASA 5505?
    ... Behind this Linksys router my Cisco ASA 5505 appears. ... as UDP port 500. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • [fw-wiz] Securing Wireless with ASA-5510
    ... I have an ASA 5510 and a 3500 XL switch. ... Does the asa support vlan routing? ... the Linksys is sitting on the switch and anyone who connects ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Sonicwall SOHO behind Linksys router
    ... >had a Sonicwall SOHO providing DHCP, firewalling, and a tunnel into ... He wanted to impliment wireless at his home, ... The new Linksys subnet has DHCP, and he uses a mobile client ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)