[fw-wiz] Residential Gateway vulnerabilities

Folks -

Does anyone have a good source of information on vulnerabilities in OTS
residential gateways?

Specifically DLINK & NETGEAR?

no new news here but I was getting flooded with inbound traffic so I
powered my cable modem down for a while. within 25 seconds of power up with
a NEW IP address, I was getting scanned again. Oh, and the best part is that
the source IP was 10.10.10.10....

-- Ken

  • Re: Please help with WAP54G
    ... > leaves the cable and the DHCP client and DHCP server setup. ... The main router is a Netgear MR814 with wireless disabled. ... There are about 13 IP devices on the network, all working fine via DHCP, ... I tried to connect a desktop machine using a Dlink DWL520 PCI NIC that I ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Netgear router playing up
    ... I was recently given a NEtgear DG824M adsl router second hand. ... DLINK shut down all their UK offices, only 2 people work for a press office ... If it's corrupted firmware it's easy enough to recover and the utilities are ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Simple effective wifi router, help
    ... He's never had wifi in the house, so just a simple effective router. ... This week, I like DLink, mostly because I can get ... Speaking of selling to the Mac crowd, Netgear has an Aiport Extreme ... Ironic, but the wall warts on my netgear never failed, so I use them for other stuff. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Paging the Routeristi
    ... Linksys or Dlink, not Netgear. ... As recommended by Ginge and Bear. ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • ISO recs for a router with VPN passthrough that actually works
    ... (i.e. Linksys, Netgear, Dlink, etc.) ... router that reliably passes GRE protocol ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)