Re: [fw-wiz] Edge appliance (firewall) that filters/monitors/records instant messenger?

Victor Williams <bwilliam13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am looking at different technologies to address the constant and
ever-changing instant messenger issue.

I simply identify the server(s) and block them out-right. What with
HTTP tunneling, there's really no other way.

Management has stated that IM of some kind is required for certain
employees who are separated by a continent to save on long-distance
phone usage until VoIP can be fully realized/utilized.

Run your own Jabber server. Problem solved.

filtering. If you reply to this email and your email is
web form at <>.
firewall-wizards mailing list