Re: [fw-wiz] Edge appliance (firewall) that filters/monitors/records instant messenger?

Victor Williams <bwilliam13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am looking at different technologies to address the constant and
ever-changing instant messenger issue.
[snip]

I simply identify the server(s) and block them out-right. What with
HTTP tunneling, there's really no other way.

Management has stated that IM of some kind is required for certain
employees who are separated by a continent to save on long-distance
phone usage until VoIP can be fully realized/utilized.
[snip]

Run your own Jabber server. Problem solved.

Regards,
Jim
filtering. If you reply to this email and your email is
web form at <http://jimsun.linxnet.com/contact/scform.php>.