[fw-wiz] Dynamic Firewall Daemon

Hello, I'm Travis and I'm a very long-term veteran of open-source
firewalls.

I've created - or at least independently invented - a concept called a
Dynamic Firewall Daemon, or some would say a "reactive firewall", and
I have an open-source implementation of it.

The general idea is here:
http://www.subspacefield.org/security/dfd/

The most advanced implementation is discussed here:
http://www.subspacefield.org/security/dfd_keeper/

And I have a mailing list for those interested here:

Also, the linux version could use a maintainer. I simply prefer pf to
iptables and so the iptables version is out of date and needs an
overhaul.
--
Crypto ergo sum. http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/
Truth does not fear scrutiny or competition, only lies do.

  • Re: Feedback solicited - best way to harden a mail/web server?
    ... Was the system protected by a properly configured firewall? ... it's not a bad "starting point" and it can generate an IPtables rule ... > nor is there a web or ftp server; aside from that I haven't tried to secure ... Before I'll install some nifty application ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: EMERGENCY - need to secure my server against an ongoing SPAMMER
    ... computer with a broadband connection. ... that IP range will prevent that spammer from wasting your systems ... This approach eventually makes your firewall machine so busy it has ... A better approach is to use IPTables to deny ALL inbound attempts to ...
    (Fedora)
  • linux - iptable firewall DNS question
    ... When my firewall is active, i am unable to use name solving features from my ... iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT ... # $ipnet -> adresse ip de l'interface connectée à internet ... echo ACCES AU FIREWALL DEPUIS LOCAL ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: firestarter start failure?
    ... It writes to iptables firewall rules, and then is done, ... unless gui is open. ... Do I have to start Firestarter after I have rebooted? ... When Firestarter is installed from a package, the firewall ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Clearing up some security "jargon"
    ... The kernel supplies the iptables service, which is by default, ... There is no need to "turn on" a firewall. ... Consider the package "ufw", a tool that some people say can ... Consider Firestarter. ...
    (Ubuntu)