[fw-wiz] PIX 6.1 xlate issues
- From: "B Shivanthan" <shivi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:02:25 +0300
I am using a PIX 6.1 (I know its quite old and replacement procedures already in place) and facing problems with xlates getting
overwhelmed. I have this firewall serving our corporate network, where I have a proxy server, SMTP server, DNS server and about 1500 users
browsing the web through the proxy, along with other servers which I do static NAT on.
Overtime, my SMTP server loses connectivity with the DNS server (residing outside the firewall) for name resolution and the only
remedy to this is to clear the xlate. I've set the xlate timeout to as low as 30 mins, but the problem still persist.
Does anyone know of any resolution to this problem ?
firewall-wizards mailing list
- Prev by Date: [fw-wiz] VPN/DMZ problem
- Next by Date: [fw-wiz] PIX515 Inside NAT to private addresses through P2PTunnel
- Previous by thread: [fw-wiz] VPN/DMZ problem
- Next by thread: Re: [fw-wiz] PIX 6.1 xlate issues