[fw-wiz] Cisco PIX End of Sale Announcement Posted

Folks,

The Cisco PIX Firewall End of Sale announcement was released today.

See:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5708/ps5709/ps2030/pix_
eos.html

Not to worry. Cisco will be supporting all the PIXen that are out there on
SmartNet through July, 2013.

I have been blogging about the PIX and other Firewalls for years at:
http://onthefirewall.blogspot.com/ . From time to time I do pass along
public information about the PIX and other Firewalls as I hear it. I¹ll
point out that I don¹t think I¹ve veer posted anything to my blog that came
from a post on this list. I know I¹ve written many entries about posts to
this list. I should never pushed the ³publish² button next to any of them.

Liberty,

Brian

  • SV: Firewall Basics
    ... based firewalls since having two PIX firewalls would leave you vulnerable to ... the same exploits if a hole in PIX was found. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] Strange Pix behavior.
    ... I'm sure I've seen it on a single PIX 515E as recently as ... TCP protocols that have longer connection lives such as FTP or SSH. ... in a variety of firewalls, many of which were standalone systems. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] Appropriate PIX logging level
    ... the messages from the pix when it rejects a broadcast packet (I'm ... getting 43,000 log entries per day based on the firewalls rejecting ... If what you need is for the PIX to handle but not log certain policy events, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Choosing a Firewall
    ... > firewalls. ... We currently have a PIX 506e and seem to be running into some ... If you need to setup PPTP to the firewall, WG makes it simple to setup ... If you need branch-office ipsec dedicated tunnels, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: pix firewall setup help.
    ... > I am new to working with firewalls. ... I have just purchased the cisco pix 506E. ... I am wondering how i could setup the network to allow the ... > establish vpn connections from the internet to the pix machine. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)