Re: [fw-wiz] detecting multihomed host

On 7/14/08, alexander lind <malte@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Say that someone on the outside knows all of my 20 IP addresses. Is there
any way that this person could detect that all 20 of these IP addresses are
bound to my one machine inside my network?

Yes, there are ways, some easier than others.

Look at the various papers on enumerating hosts behind a NAT gateway,
think of this as a sort of backwards variation on that question.

Kevin

  • Re: ANN: Kamaelia 0.2.0 released!
    ... So what does Kamaelia do that's extra? ... What sort of data ... to build complex network applications is an ambitious one, ... What other protocols are necessary? ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Shannon and the brain..
    ... just as an idiot is the parody of a person. ... Some gross interventions, like drugs and electroshock, do help some ... Seriously, all that sort of interventions modify the whole system, not ... And they will not even when we will be able to build a neural network ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • RE: Spying in a corporate environment
    ... In my job we have to investigate people on our network for various ... Increasingly I am finding I need some sort of tool to help me out. ... Audit log - everything the user does (shared drives, applications, web ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Booting sparkly new F12 install, error 13 from grub.
    ... I was forgetting the other common reason for that sort of thing: ... Can you change network hardware around? ... Now I'm playing at trying to get a Mint8, 64 bit install to boot from a hard ... Tim, if this is fedora's version of vendor lock-in, it is NOT pretty. ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: Spying in a corporate environment
    ... In my job we have to investigate people on our network for various reasons. ... Increasingly I am finding I need some sort of tool to help me out. ... Audit log - everything the user does (shared drives, applications, web ...
    (Security-Basics)