[fw-wiz] detecting multihomed host

Hi List

Assume I have a network, connected to the internet but shielded with an OpenBSD PF firewall with default settings (scrub all packets), that is a bridge so all machines can bind outside IP addresses directly.

Inside this network I have a multihomed machine with 20 different IP addresses bound to its one NIC.
All IP addresses are ping:able from the outside.

Now for the question:
Say that someone on the outside knows all of my 20 IP addresses. Is there any way that this person could detect that all 20 of these IP addresses are bound to my one machine inside my network?

firewall-wizards mailing list

Relevant Pages

  • Re: iptables and dhcp
    ... > the same physical network segment as the firewall and the remote DHCP ... You used INPUT and not FORWARD chain ... # This target allows packets to be marked in the mangle table ...
  • Re: Please help interpret Sygate Personal Firewall traffic log (ndisuio.sys)
    ... namely that these NDIS User Mode IO driver requests come ... Then your firewall is working - don't worry about it. ... and is never used to actually send/receive data packets. ... OrgName: RIPE Network Coordination Centre ...
  • Re: strange network traffic
    ... Maybe not so wise to not have a firewall and trust a third party lurker to ... Subject: strange network traffic ... > -> connection established, following packets have neither SYN nor ...
  • Re: 8Signs PC Firewall Problem
    ... > First a little understanding of my network setup... ... > If I turn 8 Signs PC Firewall Off, ... > the packets in realtime. ... > I was wondering if it's buffer problem, as in the buffer on the lan ...
  • Re: Network scanning: Continued (newbie)
    ... ARP requests are handled a layer under IP. ... > egress packets impossible on layer 1. ... > should be pretty silent if put that firewall ruleset on it. ... > The recent conversation titled network scanning inspired me to ask the ...