[fw-wiz] detecting multihomed host
- From: alexander lind <malte@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:53:10 -0700
Assume I have a network, connected to the internet but shielded with an OpenBSD PF firewall with default settings (scrub all packets), that is a bridge so all machines can bind outside IP addresses directly.
Inside this network I have a multihomed machine with 20 different IP addresses bound to its one NIC.
All IP addresses are ping:able from the outside.
Now for the question:
Say that someone on the outside knows all of my 20 IP addresses. Is there any way that this person could detect that all 20 of these IP addresses are bound to my one machine inside my network?
firewall-wizards mailing list
- Prev by Date: [fw-wiz] pix/proxy issue
- Next by Date: [fw-wiz] VPN certificates and XAUTH
- Previous by thread: [fw-wiz] pix/proxy issue
- Next by thread: Re: [fw-wiz] detecting multihomed host