Re: [fw-wiz] need opinion of security experts on network design

Hello,

Sorry for answering myself, but this needs to be corrected:

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 06:49:17PM +0200, Patrick M. Hausen wrote:
If you can guarantee that each floor will stay a separate collision
domain, then I would use separate LANs, i.e. Layer 2 switches for
the floors.

^collision^broadcast

Kind regards,

Patrick M. Hausen
Leiter Netzwerke und Sicherheit
--
punkt.de GmbH * Kaiserallee 13a * 76133 Karlsruhe
Tel. 0721 9109 0 * Fax 0721 9109 100

  • Re: Re (2): Linux hub
    ... "Switches may operate at one or more OSI layers, including physical, ... as such basically ignored everything above layer 1. ... would not be complex enough to call a CPU in modern times. ... cause of this is saturation of the bus between the network card and the CPU, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How to tell if my vlans are layer 2 or layer 3.
    ... context of the question is in regard to layer 3 architecture. ... are using a central set of 'core' switches that effectively own all ... vlans, as well as have vlan interfaces (usually via an MSFC, but could ... this is a 'distributed layer 3' model in which your ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: DNS replication on 2 domain on 2 forests
    ... Switches "route" (hate to use that term with a switch since it is confusing ... Network layer is where IP addresses live. ... Routers work on that layer. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • Re: How to tell if my vlans are layer 2 or layer 3.
    ... context of the question is in regard to layer 3 architecture. ... are using a central set of 'core' switches that effectively own all ... vlans, as well as have vlan interfaces (usually via an MSFC, but could ... this is a 'distributed layer 3' model in which your ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Switch or Router for routing betwean VLANS with 500 computers
    ... |> If I understood correct you are sugesting to have the Layer 2 switches ... | Setup the vlans on both 3750s, with HSRP, and trunk all vlans between ... a design guide that may help you ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)