Re: [fw-wiz] Move configuration from 5510 to 5520

Dear all,

thanks for the help. The TFTP way works ;)
With the cut&paste way i first tried i had problems (maybe some invisible characters from Dos to Linux conversion or something like this).

Regards,
Jens

vbwilliams@xxxxxxxxxx schrieb:
Saving the configuration to a TFTP server will make all the passwords appear...either hashed or in plain text. Copy that configuration to the new device, and all the passwords will transfer fine.

---- Jens Brey <jens@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear all,

does anyone knews a way, to move the configuration from a Cisco ASA 5510 to 5520 without the need to set all passwords new?
I think the problem is the device internal salts which are used to crypt all the passwords/pre-shared-keys.
Is there any possibilty to extract this salts and set them on the other device?

Best regards,
Jens

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Move configuration from 5510 to 5520
    ... does anyone knews a way, to move the configuration from a Cisco ASA 5510 to ... 5520 without the need to set all passwords new? ... I think the problem is the device internal salts which are used to crypt ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Move configuration from 5510 to 5520
    ... I think the problem is the device internal salts which are used to crypt ... I have a basic template that I use ... The passwords are encrypted and they have always ... Network Security Engineer - University of Oregon - Network Services ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [opensuse] Howto start encrypted machine remotely
    ... Am Samstag 26 Juli 2008 schrieb trashcanZ@xxxxxxx: ... There's a remote machine with encrypted /home and /swap. ... During bootup it asks for the passwords - but the machine should be able to ...
    (SuSE)
  • [fw-wiz] Move configuration from 5510 to 5520
    ... to move the configuration from a Cisco ASA 5510 to 5520 without the need to set all passwords new? ... I think the problem is the device internal salts which are used to crypt all the passwords/pre-shared-keys. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Move configuration from 5510 to 5520
    ... Saving the configuration to a TFTP server will make all the passwords appear...either hashed or in plain text. ... I think the problem is the device internal salts which are used to crypt ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)