Re: [fw-wiz] Move configuration from 5510 to 5520

Saving the configuration to a TFTP server will make all the passwords appear...either hashed or in plain text. Copy that configuration to the new device, and all the passwords will transfer fine.

---- Jens Brey <jens@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear all,

does anyone knews a way, to move the configuration from a Cisco ASA 5510
to 5520 without the need to set all passwords new?
I think the problem is the device internal salts which are used to crypt
all the passwords/pre-shared-keys.
Is there any possibilty to extract this salts and set them on the other
device?

Best regards,
Jens

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Move configuration from 5510 to 5520
    ... does anyone knews a way, to move the configuration from a Cisco ASA 5510 to ... 5520 without the need to set all passwords new? ... I think the problem is the device internal salts which are used to crypt ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • [NEWS] Weak Password Protection in WebSphere XML Configuration Export
    ... Passwords in WebSphere XML configuration export are not sufficiently ... WebSphere Advanced Server Edition 4.0.4 offers a management functionality ... The obfuscation algorithm is as follows: ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: Debian default ssh configuration problem with public/private key checking
    ... This is a vanilla sshd configuration. ... What changes should I make to enable the public/private key Authentication? ... # To enable empty passwords, ... debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-rsa blen 277 ...
    (Debian-User)
  • [opensuse] Authentication Question Cyrus-Imap / Postfix
    ... after reading several posts and websites, I finally got stuck with my configuration on a openSUSE 11.4 box and help in any form is highly appreciated. ... I want to make sure that both SMTP and IMAPs services are working with encryption, so that no clear text passwords are send over the wire. ... If I configure my Thunderbird mail client to work with Postfix on port 587, STARTTLS and non encrypted passwords, everything seems to work fine. ... sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Weak password protection in WebSphere 4.0.4 XML configuration export
    ... indeed are aware of the encoded passwords. ... Several of the WebSphere configuration files contain user IDs and ... Weak password protection in WebSphere 4.0.4 XML configuration ...
    (Bugtraq)