Re: [fw-wiz] Slow FTP downloads from behind PIX
- From: "Marcin Antkiewicz" <firewallwizards@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 22:59:53 -0500
Check the duplex settings on all the related links.
when doing this watch out for cases where one side is set to auto and the
other is hard-set.
Yep, cisco runs a bit non-standard implementation of the autonegotiation
In theory, if one side of a link is using autoneg and the other is hard
coded, the side that is set to autonegotiate will try to infer the link
settings from some signaling information present on the link. This technique
relies on a few assumptions that are violated when chipsets based on
different implementations of the standard attempt to talk to each other.
It used to be a bigger problem 10 years ago. Nowadays it's usually enough to
to make sure that both sides have the same setting (hard coded, or
firewall-wizards mailing list
- Prev by Date: Re: [fw-wiz] Secure Computing Sidewinder?
- Next by Date: [fw-wiz] need opinion of security experts on network design
- Previous by thread: Re: [fw-wiz] Slow FTP downloads from behind PIX
- Next by thread: [fw-wiz] need opinion of security experts on network design