Re: [fw-wiz] Secure Computing Sidewinder?

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 7:53 PM, Keith A. Glass <salgak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm less sanguine about Secure Computing: their service, in my experience,
is marginal

We've received very good service/support from SCUR, from Tier-1
through engineering.
The majority of the feature requests we've submitted have been
incorporated into the current Sidewinder V7 release, so I'm really not
happy about having to migrate away from proxy firewalling.

and the price is exceptionally high, both to get in and for maintenance. . .

No argument here.
Worse yet, the "appliance" firewalls are Dell hardware...
But maintenance renewal doesn't actually cover hardware -- once the
initial Dell support expired, we had to buy a separate Dell contract.

  • Re: A telling post
    ... the majority of the mac users suggested he go with ... the Dell. ... Did you even bother to read the thread? ... the demo of the iPhone speakerphone. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: A telling post
    ... the majority of the mac users suggested he go with ... the Dell. ... Did you even bother to read the thread? ... You're just not smart compared to anyone, little macminnow. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: A telling post
    ... the majority of the mac users suggested he go with ... the Dell. ... Did you even bother to read the thread? ... You're not smarter than a 5th Grader. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)