From: firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Mike Davis
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 11:02 AM
To: 'firewall-wizards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [fw-wiz] Cisco Security Manager clone?

This is my first posting so be gentle ;-)

I have an environment that is all Cisco based firewalls for my edge
protection and site to site vpns. I have a little over 100 remote sites
running on ASA 5505's with an AES Tunnel to both the primary (HQ) and
secondary (DR ) sites. It is working quite nicely and has been for
years now but the problem I have is this... all my remote site firewalls
are not centrally managed in the sense that I can make one change in a
console and push it globally to all my remote firewalls so that when a
change is required, I have to log into each and every one (I use SSH)
and make the changes.

I know that Cisco Security Manager will allow me to do that but at the
100K pricetag I was quoted from Cisco with the blink of an eye... I just
cannot put that into my budget.

Does anyone know of or can recommend any freeware or low-cost-ware
application that will allow me to monitor and make global config changes
without having to SSH to each one? The ability to segregate into groups
and manage based upon groups would certainly be a plus as well but not a
requirement.

Thanks in advance!

Mike Davis

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco Security Manager clone?
    ... Check out Kiwi Cat Tools. ... firewalls in remote offices connected back to a central ASA 5520 via IPSec ... It will interface to the devices via Telnet, SSH, etc. ... It also supports a wide variety of other Cisco devices - switches, routers, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco Security Manager clone?
    ... I know it can be used to access many devices and make the same config change over and over. ... I have an environment that is all Cisco based firewalls for my edge protection and site to site vpns. ... I have a little over 100 remote sites running on ASA 5505’s with an AES Tunnel to both the primary and secondary sites. ... Does anyone know of or can recommend any freeware or low-cost-ware application that will allow me to monitor and make global config changes without having to SSH to each one? ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco Security Manager clone?
    ... I have an environment that is all Cisco based firewalls for my edge ... I have a little over 100 remote ... I know that Cisco Security Manager will allow me to do that but at the ... changes without having to SSH to each one? ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco Security Manager clone?
    ... if you want to analyze these firewalls for risk or cleanup, ... I have a little over 100 remote sites ... I know that Cisco Security Manager will allow me to do that but at the 100K ... without having to SSH to each one? ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: OT: Cisco Equipment
    ... I need to learn how to use some firewalls and stuff. ... Suppose you have a front door to your ... loads of networks, different infrastructures, and different systems. ... cisco box and it is definatly different!) ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)