Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco Security Manager clone?

Mike,

Take a look at Expect: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expect

I know it can be used to access many devices and make the same config change over and over. That may help automate your needed changes to all your sites.

Good Luck,
-d

Mike Davis wrote:

This is my first posting so be gentle ;-)

I have an environment that is all Cisco based firewalls for my edge protection and site to site vpns. I have a little over 100 remote sites running on ASA 5505’s with an AES Tunnel to both the primary (HQ) and secondary (DR ) sites. It is working quite nicely and has been for years now but the problem I have is this… all my remote site firewalls are not centrally managed in the sense that I can make one change in a console and push it globally to all my remote firewalls so that when a change is required, I have to log into each and every one (I use SSH) and make the changes.

I know that Cisco Security Manager will allow me to do that but at the 100K pricetag I was quoted from Cisco with the blink of an eye… I just cannot put that into my budget.

Does anyone know of or can recommend any freeware or low-cost-ware application that will allow me to monitor and make global config changes without having to SSH to each one? The ability to segregate into groups and manage based upon groups would certainly be a plus as well but not a requirement.

Thanks in advance!

*Mike Davis*

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco Security Manager clone?
    ... I have an environment that is all Cisco based firewalls for my edge ... I have a little over 100 remote sites ... I have to log into each and every one (I use SSH) ... I know that Cisco Security Manager will allow me to do that but at the ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco Security Manager clone?
    ... if you want to analyze these firewalls for risk or cleanup, ... I have a little over 100 remote sites ... I know that Cisco Security Manager will allow me to do that but at the 100K ... without having to SSH to each one? ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Reliable adsl router
    ... We use cisco 837 adsl routers for most of our remote sites which are ... It maybe that the hidden cost in supporting non cisco devices outweighs ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)