Re: [fw-wiz] router with 2 redundant inferfaces

shadow floating wrote:
Hi guys,
my company is having 2 leased lines internet connections and they were
about to buy two routers to make them standby to each other, each with
one of the internet connections, as they were discussing with some
network consultant...he convinced them to reduce cost and put 2 wics
in one router only each connected to the each internet connection
instead of buying 2 routers....is that appropriate??

thanks alot

Nad

Well that will definitely save cost no brainer, but if the router reloads you
lose both the leased lines connected to that WIC and thereby the Internet. What
is that your company wants, redundancy or cost effective solution?

Prabhu
-

  • Re: WideBand
    ... from the ISP, as soon as the Connection starts, cos most ... Routers & Internet Connections are Set to use the standard DHCP, ... Router only has one PPP Session Running, ... So all 4 entries were made today, ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Hey Neighbor, Stop Piggybacking on My Wireless
    ... All internet connections are already hardwired into the home. ... So maybe its hard to plug the router in, ... Your wireless mouse and keyboard aren't private either. ... some college kids picked up Wi-FI signals from over 70 miles away ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Routing and Remote Access
    ... Do not configure a DC as a router for sharing internet connections and multihome it for this with 2 different ip's. ... Configure the clients to point only to the DC/DNS server as DNS server and configure a forwarder on the DNS managemen console from the server porperties to your ISP's DNS server. ...
  • Re: [fw-wiz] router with 2 redundant inferfaces
    ... my company is having 2 leased lines internet connections and they were ... network consultant...he convinced them to reduce cost and put 2 wics ... that means if the router is faulty, ... IMHO the type of architecture and redundancy for internet access depends ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Internet connection slow when computer infected, and after virus removal
    ... Within the last week, my internet connections got ... internet via a router to a cable line. ... and switching the cables does ... eliminated a backdoor-aml virus on my computer during the ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)