[fw-wiz] router with 2 redundant inferfaces

Hi guys,
my company is having 2 leased lines internet connections and they were
about to buy two routers to make them standby to each other, each with
one of the internet connections, as they were discussing with some
network consultant...he convinced them to reduce cost and put 2 wics
in one router only each connected to the each internet connection
instead of buying 2 routers....is that appropriate??

thanks alot

Nad

  • Re: [fw-wiz] router with 2 redundant inferfaces
    ... my company is having 2 leased lines internet connections and they were ... If you're looking for redundancy, then two routers make more sense, but ... Are both routers on the same power circuit? ... specified dual paths into the building for carrier access, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] router with 2 redundant inferfaces
    ... It rather subverts the desire of having 2 circuits to begin with. ... Convince them to run dual routers (they don't have to be hefty but ... my company is having 2 leased lines internet connections and they were ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] router with 2 redundant interfaces
    ... How much redundancy and diversity is "enough"? ... On your premises, that means 2 routers, each with 2 NICs, connected to 2 independent and redundant power sources. ... my company is having 2 leased lines internet connections and they were about to buy two routers to make them standby to each other, each with one of the internet connections, as they were discussing with some network consultant...he convinced them to reduce cost and put 2 wics in one router only each connected to the each internet connection instead of buying 2 routers....is that appropriate?? ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • RE: Wireless Router
    ... With a wireless router,the routers property boxes in "Internet Connections" ... needs specific data or codes to be typed in to its connection boxes,otherwise ...
  • Re: [fw-wiz] router with 2 redundant interfaces
    ... On Sunday 13 April 2008 23:18:21 shadow floating wrote: ... my company is having 2 leased lines internet connections and they were ... about to buy two routers to make them standby to each other, ... network consultant...he convinced them to reduce cost and put 2 wics ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)