[fw-wiz] PIX failover disable help
- From: sivakumar <siva_itech@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 07:21:39 -0700 (PDT)
I have a pix stateful failover(6.3) set up in active/standby mode. Now i
just want to shut down an interface on the failover and bring back it to
unused state. Now i'm worried if by giving a shut on the interface on the
active pix would affect the standby and would drive them to panic.
As per the document i'm thinking of to disable the failover first and shut
the interface on pri and then sec and after that would enable back the
failover again. Would that be fine or it would still affect and make a
My concern is if we disable the failover the 2 pixes would poll using the
other ethernet interfaces to check they are up. And if i shut down an int,
would that make the pix to failover and standby to active?
Could you please tell me a safe way so that i could rid of it without
affecting any live traffic?[/B]
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/PIX-failover-disable-help-tp16608826p16608826.html
Sent from the Firewall Wizards mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
firewall-wizards mailing list
- Prev by Date: [fw-wiz] EUSecWest CFP Closes April 14th (conf May 21/22 2008)
- Next by Date: Re: [fw-wiz] Layer 2 (stealth) firewalls - PBR?
- Previous by thread: [fw-wiz] EUSecWest CFP Closes April 14th (conf May 21/22 2008)
- Next by thread: Re: [fw-wiz] PIX failover disable help