[fw-wiz] PIX failover disable help

I have a pix stateful failover(6.3) set up in active/standby mode. Now i
just want to shut down an interface on the failover and bring back it to
unused state. Now i'm worried if by giving a shut on the interface on the
active pix would affect the standby and would drive them to panic.

As per the document i'm thinking of to disable the failover first and shut
the interface on pri and then sec and after that would enable back the
failover again. Would that be fine or it would still affect and make a
switch over.

My concern is if we disable the failover the 2 pixes would poll using the
other ethernet interfaces to check they are up. And if i shut down an int,
would that make the pix to failover and standby to active?
[B]
Could you please tell me a safe way so that i could rid of it without
affecting any live traffic?[/B]

-----
Regards,
Siva

  • [fw-wiz] RE: PIX FW Failover & Hello Packet
    ... I have 2 PIX 515 fws and setup both of them to run as failover, ... have put the ACL on each interface except "Failover" interface. ... Is it possible the ACL blocks the communication when PIX tries to send the ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Failover problem with PIX 515
    ... with failover cable ... Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.2 ... Normal Interface inside: Normal Other host: Secondary - ... Hardware is i82559 ethernet, address is 000b.46aa.a620 ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] pix 515 failover
    ... > i have been given the job of setting up failover for a pair of cisco pix 515 ... > to the interface on the primary ... The failover command assigned an IP address for the interface while ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] pix 515 failover
    ... > i can setup the failover no problems but my question is ... > to the interface on the primary ... The failover address is used by the backup pix when in secondary mode. ... When your main pix fails the backup takes over to become active using the ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Change failover IP adresses on ASA
    ... I was wondering about the effects of changing the failover IP address on ... move that interface out of 10.0.0.0/8. ... 172.31.1.2" on the active ASA, config is sent to other ASA, write mem, ... Are your ASA's configured for Active/Active or Active/Standby? ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)